Hi friends!
I am student of the university of Chile in the social sciences faculty , and we had a sit-in by women and dissents for two  month. For me is difficult talk about this subject because I do not know a lot of  feminism, but  in spite of this, the protest did a lot in mi mind and in my  family. I am a man and I have a lot of privileges for my condition. One year ago I was a fresh man, and I did not question myself about this topic, after this I thought about my privileges and i have to change a lot of attitudes,  I do not do things with bad intention but even though  they hurt.
My family is a non-conventional family, because my parents are separated since ever, and they have a bad relationship, my mom lives in coyhaique and my dad lives in Valdivia, but both were very aware with the topic. Claudia is a psychologist and is part of my family, is the girlfriend of my dad since fifteen years ago, and she prepare a lot of conversations in home, with my father, my brother lucas and me about the behave different and change a lot of thought, we need behave with more respect. And my mother in coyhaique goes to a lot of forum because she have fifty-five years old and love learn about all.
In summary , the sit-in by women and dissents of many  universities, go beyond many kilometers.



Comments

  1. hi ivan, in like your post a lot! I don't know a lot of feminism too, and I think that maybe one day we could research more about it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you. We must know our privileged position and change this society so that we live freely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you, we have to recognize our attitude sexist and fighting those.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i think all of us have to many to learn about feminism!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog